Get a Smile Makeover in Marietta
Do you want a new image, but you don't know where to start? Instead of undergoing invasive cosmetic surgery, start with your smile! Dr. Merriman will create a smile makeover, which is a custom plan for aesthetic restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as teeth whitening, veneers, Invisalign, or all-ceramic restorations.
Achieving your new smile begins with a consultation. Dr. Merriman will evaluate the current condition of your teeth and gums, listen to your wishes and create a unique plan for your smile makeover. The plan will not only be tailored to the smile you want, but will also accommodate your schedule and budget.
The Benefits of a Smile Makeover
The benefits of a smile makeover go well beyond what meets the eye. For example, many people with unattractive smiles are genuinely unhappy about their teeth. Many, in fact, may try to suppress a smile or use their hands to hide unsightly teeth when they do smile. With a smile makeover, your cosmetic dentist in Marietta can give you teeth that are white, well shaped and straight so you’ll be proud to share that happy smile!
In addition, having an attractive smile can be a key component to oral health. The health and beauty of your teeth are closely linked, and your oral health is connected to your overall health. Unhealthy teeth increase your risk for gum disease, a bacterial infection that has been connected to systemic illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease or stroke.
How to Maintain Results
After you’ve had your smile makeover in Marietta, you’ll want to maintain that beautiful new smile. Here are some tips from the dentist in Marietta.
- Modify your oral hygiene routine. Be sure to use non-abrasive toothpaste and a toothbrush with soft bristles. You don’t want to scratch the surface of your new smile.
- Floss every day. Flossing is essential to removing debris and plaque from between your teeth. This practice is particularly important if you have porcelain veneers that depend on healthy gum tissue.
- Only use alcohol-free mouthwashes. Rinses with alcohol can harm composite fillings and wear down the bond between dental crowns or veneers and your teeth.
- Watch what you eat and drink. Limit sugary treats that increase your chance for tooth decay. Likewise, too much alcohol can ruin your dental work. And try to stay away from coffee, tea, and red wine and other deeply colored beverages and foods that could stain your new smile.
- Guard you teeth. If you grind your teeth, be sure to ask Dr. Merriman for a mouthguard that you can wear when you sleep. Also, never bite your nails or chew on pencils, pens, ice cubes or other hard objects that can easily chip restorations.
How Much Does It Cost?
That’s a good question and the answer depends on a number of considerations. First, there is the current condition of your oral health and the number and type of treatments required. There may some restorative work necessary before the cosmetic dentist in Marietta can begin the makeover. Your dental insurance may cover some of the restorative services necessary.
In any case, with proper oral hygiene at home and regular checkups you can expect your investment to last for 10 years or more.
If you’d like more information about a smile makeover in Marietta, please call our office today.