Say Hello To a Whiter, More Beautiful Smile
Very few people are born with teeth that are naturally as white as they’d like. And even the lucky people who are still get stains and discoloration as they age. In addition to dietary factors like coffee, tea, and red wine, the enamel naturally gets a bit thinner over time, exposing the darker layer of tooth structure underneath. Fortunately, Dr. James Merriman has two fantastic ways to whiten your teeth so they look their best. If you’d like to brighten your smile, don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss which option is right for you!
Zoom! In-Office Whitening
This choice is perfect for our patients who want their results in just one visit. This appointment usually takes 2 hours and includes the following steps:
- First, we’ll take pictures of your initial shade so we can evaluate your final results. Then we’ll isolate and protect all the soft tissues in your mouth, including your lips, gums, and cheeks.
- We’ll apply a professional strength whitening solution to your teeth along with a special light that accelerates the process.
- Your teeth will be whitened in 15-20 minute increments so we can monitor your results as we go and make sure you don’t have any sensitivity.
- When the final result is achieved, we’ll review the best way to maintain your bright new smile at home.
Take-Home Whitening Kits
For our patients who still want great results, but more gradually, a take-home kit is a great option. We offer both convenience and quality in a kit called Opalescence Go. It includes 10 pre-loaded trays that you’ll wear for 30-60 minutes a day for 10 days. It couldn’t be easier!
How Can You Maintain Your Results?
As a dentist in Marietta, we love seeing how thrilled our patients are after teeth whitening. But we also want to make those results last! That’s why Dr. Merriman and his team always provide tips and tricks for keeping your smile looking great as long as possible, including:
- Limiting foods and beverages that stain your teeth such as coffee, tea, berries, and red wine.
- When you do enjoy something that stains, swish with water several times afterward to rinse away any remaining pigments in your mouth.
- Do a great job with your oral hygiene habits and consider an electric toothbrush and whitening toothpaste, which are great for removing surface stains each day.
- Get regular checkups and cleanings.
Also, regardless of which kind of whitening you get, most people need to touch-up about once a year, depending on their lifestyle choices and oral hygiene habits. With our take-home kits, this is easy and inexpensive.
What Is the Cost of Teeth Whitening?
The cost will vary from person to person based on which whitening option you choose and your current dental health. For example, some patients have older, tooth-colored fillings on their front teeth that may need to be replaced to give them the best results.
One thing is certain: Teeth whitening in Marietta is an investment that will pay off for many years. If you’d like to whiten your smile and experience the self-confidence that comes from feeling great about your appearance, call us today to schedule a consultation!